With only three ingredients you can whip up this easy Apple Pie Caramel Dip. It’s perfect for fall as an afternoon snack for the kiddos or just anytime you want a tasty treat without the fuss.
Today’s recipe has easy written all over it dusted with some cinnamon – ha! I’ve been thinking of this recipe since last year but was waiting for the right time to debut it. It is after all September and that means apple season is here. Yum!
I have to admit that I am getting pretty excited for apple season. We have a tree in our backyard that seems like it will produce quite a bit of apples this year. That means I will be thinking of ways to use them. One recipe that our family enjoys is this Apple Walnut Cake. I love that it makes two cakes and freezes well so you can eat one right away and keep one for company. Another recipe that is easy to make are these Apple Hand Pies. These too freeze well but they usually disappear pretty quick around here! Lastly my friend Lisa just make a recipe called Apple Pie for Two. It’s super good!
This past weekend the grandkids were here and even though the apples weren’t quite ready yet, they couldn’t wait to pick a few and sample them. I’m happy to report that no stomachaches were reported! And no worms!
It’s also OK to use canned apples as in this recipe – that’s what keeps it simple to make and no fuss!
Cook’s notes for making Apple Pie Caramel Dip:
- This dip can be made earlier in the day and kept in the refrigerator until serving time (will keep for 3 days)
- Be creative with dippers – I used cinnamon graham crackers but fresh apples, vanilla wafers and even pretzel rods could be used to give a sweet-salty combo
- Save a few apple slices from the can to dice and place on top of dip
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Apple Pie Caramel Dip
With only three ingredients you can whip up this easy Apple Pie Caramel Dip. It's perfect for fall as an afternoon snack for the kiddos or just anytime you want a tasty treat without the fuss.
- 20 ounces apple pie filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- Cinnamon for dusting
- Graham crackers for dipping
- Reserve about 3-4 apple slices from can and dice
- Combine remaining filling and cream cheese in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency (I left a few chunks)
- Stir in caramel sauce
- Scoop into bowl, top with diced apples and dust with cinnamon if desired
- Serve with crackers