This Roasted Red Pepper Dip is an easy as throwing all the ingredients in a food processor, giving it a 30 second whirl and on your table in no time. The Mediterranean flavors are perfect with toasted pita bread that you can also season up and bake as dippers.
We have a restaurant in town called Nupa’s and they serve great Greek food. They have all of our favorites, gyros, spanakopita, avgolemono soup, and of course baklava. An appetizer they have on their menu is a a spicy hummus feta dip. It’s so smooth, creamy and just the right amount of spice for me (it is a little on the hotter side). I’m not quite sure how they make it but today I’m sharing something pretty close that is something you can whip up in no time.
I used the ingredients I had on hand (no hummus though so I substituted cream cheese instead) and I also had a jar of red roasted peppers and feta cheese. Yes, you can roast your own peppers but I wanted to keep this recipe super easy. Everything goes in a food processor so no fussing. I originally was going to use some store bought pita chips but I found this recipe with using pita bread and seasoning it up. They are perfect and are great for just snacking too. Another idea for dippers would be fresh veggies like cucumbers, celery and carrots. We ate the dip as soon as it was made but if you let it sit overnight, the flavors really meld. Oh so good!
As you know appetizers are the most important meal of the day – well not really, but I could live on appetizers. A couple of our favorites are BBQ Bacon Cheesy Totchos (what’s a totcho? well head over and find out, you won’t be disappointed) and this Cheesy Crab Dip (I make it every Christmas Eve). What appetizers do you like? Leave me some suggestions for some recipes to try!
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
This Roasted Red Pepper Dip is a great appetizer recipe to have on hand!
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 7 oz. roasted red peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 pita breads each cut into 8 triangles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400
- Combine the 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder
- Brush on each side of pita wedges, place on cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, turning over half way through
- In a food processor combine the feta, peppers, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Process until well blended (about 30-40 seconds)
- Serve with baked pita chips
This dip will keep in refrigerator for 2-3 days.