Get your mixed berry crisp fix with these easy individual desserts! Full of raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries, topped with a crunchy oatmeal topping.
Oh boy, bring on the deliciousness today with these easy individual berry crisps that are loaded with juicy fruits, nestled underneath a crunchy oatmeal topping and so easy to make. You could say I might have a love affair with berries as today we have a crisp that doesn’t have one, two or three but four different kinds – it’s the berry quadfecta! The combination is fantastic, perfect as a seasonal dessert and quick to make.
I love that we are getting into berry season. They are the perfect fruit and so versatile to use. You can just top your favorite cereal with them or add to salads, mix them into your smoothie, bake with them and of course just pop them into your mouth as an easy snack. My granddaughter loves blueberries and kind of pronounces them like “booberries” so cute. I always have some on hand when they visit.
Some of my past recipes that you might enjoy with berries are: Patriotic Salad with a Honey Poppy Seed dressing, this Fruity Power Smoothie and I’ve even roasted strawberries for these Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches.
The recipe I’m sharing serves two, but you could certainly double or even triple it and of course, adjust the berries to your liking. I definitely suggest placing the ramekins on a cookie sheet before baking to catch the drips. As you can see I had quite a few. It’s okay though, it gives it some character and then you know the berries are baked perfectly.
While I just topped mine with some extra berries – we all know that a scoop of vanilla ice cream would go perfectly on top. You can decide what you want to do but just be sure to make this pronto!
Easy Mixed Berry Crisp
Get your berry crisp fix with these individual desserts that are full of raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries topped with a crunchy oatmeal topping.
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries (cut in half)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- Optional - additional berries for topping or ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl combine the berries, sugar, cornstarch, pinch of salt and 2 tablespoons of flour
- Mix gently and divide between (2) 5" ramekins (1" high)
- In a small bowl combine oatmeal, brown sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, baking soda
- Cut in butter with two forks, a pastry cutter or use your hands until small clumps are formed
- Divide topping on ramekins, press lightly, place them on a cookie sheet (to catch drips) and bake for about 25 minutes until topping is light brown
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving
- Top with additional fruit or even ice cream!