Mango strawberry yogurt popsicles – a refreshing summer treat made with only 4 ingredients! This frozen dessert recipe will keep you cool all summer long.
Today’s the 12th, and the #12 blogger group is keeping you cool today with 12 frozen treat recipes! I brought to the party these Mango Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles. And the best part is, all you need are 4 ingredients – how easy is that?
Summer is in full swing in the midwest, with temps the last 2 days in the 90’s. It’s hot, hot, hot! If you are experiencing these hot temps as well, then be sure to see how you can keep your cool (and your kids) with some of these refreshing summer treats!
How many of you grew up eating twin popiscles, where the trick was trying to break them in half for sharing? They came with 2 sticks and you had to bang the crease on a sharp edge and hope they would split evenly. I was never sure why we couldn’t have the full ones. Plus there were 3 of us kids… Maybe my mom or dad wanted to have a treat as well. 🙂
Another way we used to get summer treats was when the ice cream truck came along. We used to listen for the music, ask our parents for money and make a beeline to where they would stop at our corner. I loved the soft serve vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles…. it is still one of my favorites.
Lastly, sometimes in the summer on Sunday evenings we would go for a ride and stop at Carvel Ice Cream. We would always get the pointed cones and usually about half way through one of us kids would bite the end off and try to suck the ice cream out the bottom. It usually turned into a big mess with ice cream running down our arms! Ah, the joys and memories of summer!
Hope you enjoy the frozen treats we are sharing today, including this one, for mango strawberry yogurt popsicles!
- 12 oz vanilla yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 cups frozen chopped mango
- 2 tablespoons orange or apple juice
- 1 package of frozen strawberries in syrup thawed
- In a blender combine the yogurt, mango and juice and blend until smooth
- Fill popsicle molds about 2/3 full
- Add strawberries and use the popsicle stick to push strawberries throughout the mixture
- Keep sticks in and freeze until firm – 6 hours or overnight.
- Run warm water lightly over bottom side of popsicle molds until they release by pulling gently
The rest of the frozen dessert recipes!