How’s your energy level been lately? Are you busy running from here to there, working out, or chasing around kids and need an extra boost during the day to keep going? If you have answered yes, like me, then today’s recipe of Raspberry Coconut Energy Bites is for you. A quick bite or two will keep hunger away and a healthy way to get through the day.
I always think things will slow down and they never do. I’m either working, trying to keep up with the house, laundry, and of course leaving time for some fun. Even though I do like my salty or carb snacks, I’m trying to make some healthier choices and that’s where these bites come in. They don’t take too long to make and are perfect to have on hand. I
may did have a couple during this photo shoot. Yes, there is a bit a chocolate but not too much so that they are overly sweet (moderation is fine). Though I recommend chilling them for an hour, the longer they sit, the more time the flavors have to meld.
April was a busy month and with the start of May tomorrow and through the fall, we have quite a few things planned. In two weeks I’m hosting a bridal shower and have already been busy making favors, menu planning, some pre-food testing and even semi-setting the table (I’ll be ok with this unless our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter comes for a visit soon and then will need to pick stuff up!) We also have tickets to see the Book of Mormon in Minneapolis, a planned trip back to the east coast to see family and even a couple days in NYC – and this is all in May! I can tell I’ll need need a boost!
Raspberry Coconut Energy Bites
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- additional coconut for rolling the bites
- In a food processor add the 3/4 cup coconut, raspberries, honey, dates, craisins, almonds, and almond butter
- Keep pulsing until the mixture is mixed well - you'll have to stop and scrape bowl once in a while.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and add in by spoon the chips
- Take about a bit more than a tablespoon and roll into a ball then roll into coconut
- Place in refrigerator for about an hour to firm up and keep stored in refrigerator
Other bites you might like