These Shrimp Cocktail Shooters are a great party idea. They are served in individual cups with a tangy cocktail sauce and make a pretty presentation!
I’m pulling an oldie but goodie out of the vault today to share just in time for Cinco de Mayo or any time you need a quick appetizer. These Shrimp Cocktail Shooters are so easy to prepare and make a disappearing act as soon as they are put out! I first made these for my daughter’s bridal shower five years ago. Well, I actually think one of my good friends made them for me but I know I provided the recipe 🙂 And while you can certainly just have a bowl of the cocktail sauce with the shrimp served around it, I think these little cups provide an elegant look. So would you like one shot or two?
It’s hard to believe its been five years since our oldest got married. In that time, they’ve had two children (our cutie 2 1/2 year old granddaughter Emily and our 4 month old little man Alex). We’ve been enjoying their family so much and glad they are only a hop, skip and a jump away (about 90 minutes). We tend to visit about every other weekend cuz Nana and Papa go through withdrawal if it is longer than that! Emily keeps us hopping playing horsey with Papa and it is really cute when she calls him Papa John. When I’m not cuddling with Alex, her and I might be doing arts and crafts or playing with her “people” as she calls them. The people consist of those little Fischer Price ones or an old Flintstone set that belonged to her mama! A lot sure has transpired in those years!
These shooters were a hit at the shower and if you want, double the cocktail sauce recipe and add two shrimps per glass. I also took the easy way out and bought pre-cooked shrimp from our local grocer’s seafood counter. I just couldn’t wait to get these assembled and serve for dinner tonight. Then guess what? After taking pictures, I put back in the refrigerator and forgot to take them out! I guess we’ll enjoy them tomorrow.
Shrimp Cocktail Shooters
- 12 large shrimp (I used easy route and bought cooked)
- 1/2 cup cocktail sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1/4 cup minced yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple drained well
- Cilantro for garnish
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse pepper
- In a small bowl combine the cocktail sauce, lime juice, hot sauce, pineapple and yellow pepper
- Refrigerate at least one hour for flavors to meld
- Using 12 shot glasses, rim the tops with lime and then dip into a mixture of coarse salt and pepper
- Divide cocktail sauce between 12 glasses and place one shrimp in each - garnish with cilantro if desired