Cheezeborger cheezeborger, no coke, Pepsi! Today’s June 12th so that means your #12 bloggers are coming to you with this month’s recipe selection of BURGERS! Oh my gosh, you are going to flip (as in a burger on a grill) when you see what the gals have cooked up for you this month! And just in time for summer, you’ll find a variety of burgers to please every palate!
I was really excited to create a new burger for us and as you may have noticed recently, I love anything caprese so it was a no brainer for me to try my hand at a burger. And not to brag (ok, maybe a little, these were fantastic). The DIY Guy loved them.
Oh and here is a fun fact about me – almost every Friday I have a cheeseburger, fries and diet coke for lunch…. it is my favorite meal!
Caprese Burger with Balsamic Glaze
- 1 lb ground beef (I used 85/15)
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- Tomatoes; cut into 1/4" slices
- Fresh Mozzarella; cut into 1/4" slices
- Fresh Basil leaves
- 3 Ciabatta Buns
- Balsamic Glaze (I got mine at Trader Joe's)
- Mix the pesto with ground beef and season with salt/pepper as desired
- Shape into 3 patties (or 4 if smaller desired)
- Cook burgers your favorite method (we used our gas grill)
- Cut buns in half and brush with some olive oil
- Toast on grill until light brown on cut side
- When burgers are done (about 5 minutes on each side for medium), place on bottom half of bun, top with mozzarella cheese, tomato, a few basil leaves and drizzle with glaze ending with bun top
- Serve immediately
Now onto what the other gals have come up with. Hope you find one to your liking!
You might want to follow along with my I Heart Burger Board