Get ready to get your socks knocked off with these 12 amazing slow cooker recipes from 12 amazing bloggers using 12 ingredients or less! Today kicks off the monthly recipe group I’m in where on the 12th of each month (you guessed that part right!), we will creating recipes based on a theme each one of us has selected. This first selection from Wendy is perfect for my neck of the woods – winter is here full force and now I have some new recipes to try! My pick is this Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup. You’ll find the other 11 recipes are listed below.
Confession – I’m actually really bad at using my slow cooker – it kind of sits and collects dust because I’m not sure what to make. So this month’s recipe challenge got me thinking, I really need to use it more. I love that I can just put in the ingredients, walk away and come back to a meal that is done! How slick is that? Perfect for those busy times in our lives.
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound (raw) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces (uncooked) penne pasta
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Stir together in your slow cooker the garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes, chicken, broth, onion, cheese, and spices.
- Cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or on low for 7
- Take the chicken out and coarsely shred and return to slow cooker
- Add the pasta and cook on high for 30 minutes – the pasta should be al dente.
- You may add more broth if soup is too thick
- Serve with additional cheese and garnish with parsley
We absolutely loved this soup – it had great flavor and really stuck to our ribs. Take that old man winter!
Need some inspiration for your slow cooker? Be sure to check out these other fantastic recipes from some of my new friends!
Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup from Home Cooking Memories
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Cooking on the Front Burner
Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Slow cooker Sweet Potato Chili from Million Moments
Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup from White Lights on Wednesday
Crock Pot French Onion Soup from A Night Owl
Beef Stroganoff Soup from Pink Cake Plate
Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup from I Love My Disorganized Life
Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup from See Vanessa Craft
Green Chile Pork Stew from Around My Family Table
Slow Cooker Beef and Vegetable Soup from Big Bear’s Wife
Be sure to stop by next month to see our February creation!