Happy Memorial Day Weekend! Our party turned 100 today! I’m celebrating both by featuring some red, white and blue recipes from last week…
Shocking but so far since Friday our weather has been absolutely fantastic!! The DIY Guy went fishing on Friday to the mighty Mississippi and caught some wall-eye. That night our daughter, husband and cutie pie Emily arrived and we had dinner on the deck. Yesterday we went canoeing at a local lake and today we hung out and went to a park with Emily. Our younger daughter is on one-girl vacation to Glacier Mountain and other western sites. I was a bit nervous about her traveling alone and camping but her camping neighbors happen to be a family from St. Paul MN so that makes me feel better!
I’m not sure what we will be doing tomorrow but I do know that I can officially wear white now – hehe – anyone remember that saying that you can only wear white between Memorial Day and Labor Day? I do! And speaking of white – pair it with some red and blue and here you go for some patriotic recipes!
1. Red, White and Blue Jello by Sugar Plum Soirees
2. Rice Krispie Stars by Will Cook for Smiles
3. Coconut Berry Pancakes by Celebrating Sweets
4. Berry Trifle by Home is Where the Boat is
5. Patriotic Pops by Bitz and Giggles
6. Oreo Truffles by The Sweet Chick
This week I made my very first smoothie – It is kind of patriotic too with berries and vanilla yogurt.
What do you have for us this week? We really are enjoying seeing what you link up each week. Throughout the week Julie, Paula, Nancy and I share on all types of social media. We appreciate you linking up to the party and be sure to show some love to the other guests – it helps everyone! Thanks!
A few rules:
- Please follow your hosts via Twitter, Facebook, or email. Please leave me a comment
stating how you followed so I can follow you back. Links can be found in the right hand column.
- Please visit at least 2 other links. I suggest leaving a comment to let them know that you stopped by.
- Link up your recipes, crafts or DIY projects. Please link something that you made. No giveaways or shops, please.
- Please note that by linking up your posts and projects you are
giving This Gal Cooks, Call Me PMc, The Bitterside of Sweet and Cooking On the Front Burner permission to
use your photos in the featured posts and possibly on our social media
outlets. All photos will be linked back to your sites and your posts.