As I continue my salad kick lately, I’m really excited to share this Asian Shrimp Salad Bowl with you. It’s a flavor explosion with fresh ingredients and perfect as a one dish meal!
One of my favorite ingredients in stir fry dishes is baby corn. They are so tender and I thought why not serve them in a cold salad. They don’t need to be warm to enjoy… plus they are so cute! I also decided to mix in asian style noodles with the napa (Chinese) cabbage. It really added a new dimension to the dish. Lots of texture going on that will please the palate!
- 2-3 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 1 cup pre-shredded carrots
- 2 green onions bias cut
- 1/2 red pepper cut into match sticks
- 4 oz. baby corn cut into 1/4″ slices
- 4 oz. pad thai noodles cooked according to directions (or thin spaghetti)
- 20 large shrimp
- black sesame seeds
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sweet Asian chile sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook the noodles according to the directions and rinse well in cold water
- Sprinkle some black pepper on the shrimp then cook in a saute pan that has been heated to medium and sprayed with a bit of cooking spray. This should take about 3-4 minutes on each side – do not overcook.
- Let shrimp cool and then add all salad ingredients (including noodles) in a large bowl and mix
- Add dressing and toss gently
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds if desired
- Add all ingredients except oil in a small food processor
- Drizzle oil slowly in processor while blade is running. (if you don’t have a processor, use a blender)
Since I am on these salad kicks, what would you like to see next? Maybe something Italian? Let me know and I’ll do my best to make something for you!
Love salads? Look at this one – Asian Slaw with Chicken