Do you have a favorite fruit? Strawberries are one of my mine. I love their sweetness and they are great on their own, in salads, on cereal, and as this appetizer – Strawberry Bruschetta!
I stumbled across this recipe in a magazine and couldn’t wait to give it a try. I love how the berries are combined with balsamic vinegar and mint then topped on a toasted baguette spread with ricotta cheese and honey. It’s a flavor explosion in your mouth! The DIY Guy, who was a bit skeptical, loved it!
- 12 slices of a french baguette sliced 1/2″ thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup whole ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat broiler then brush the olive oil on one side of the slices
- Broil until lightly toasted on oil side only
- In a small bowl combine strawberries, vinegar and mint
- In another bowl combine the ricotta, honey and salt
- Spread a bit of ricotta mixture on toasted side of bread then top with strawberry mixture
- Serve immediately
What’s your take on this appetizer? Do you think you’ll be giving it a try? I’m thinking you should and invite me over!!
Another appetizer to enjoy – Peach Salsa