‘Tis the season to be a baking and today’s the day to see what everyone’s a making! I’m excited to be part of the 2nd annual cookie recipe swap hosted by the gals below. Who doesn’t love cookies? Right? we do at our house… especially the fellow!
I was paired up with one of my favorite bloggers and pal Julie at This Gal Cooks. She had some pretty rad cookies on her blog to choose from and I decided on making these thumbprints probably because they reminded me of my mom and how I made them with her back in the day. As a kid, my job was to push my thumb into the dough and do the filling. Fond memories!
- 2/3 C butter
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1 C finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 – 1/2 C your favorite seedless jam) strawberry for us
- Preheat oven to 375
- Beat the butter for about 30 seconds and then beat in the sugar.
- Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract
- Gradually beat in the flour.
- Cover and chill the cookie dough for 1 hour
- After the dough is done chilling, roll the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Coat the dough in the egg white and then coat with the finely chopped pecans.
- Place one inch apart on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Press your thumb into the center of the cookie to make a well. Add about 1/2 – 1 tsp of the jam to the well of each cookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies and the pecans start to turn golden.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before serving or transferring to a storage dish.
Not only were these cookies delicious – the DIY Guy informed me that these are now his favorites! Wow – glad I chose wisely! They are really good. I think I rolled mine a bit bigger than Julie’s and didn’t get the pecans chopped as fine. She also used seedless apricot and raspberry jams and I decided to use what I had on hand. Check out hers HERE and while you are there see what she chose from me to make.
Now check out the other tasty treats below – hope you find a new one to try. Happy Holidays!