Welcome and happy weekend! Do you have any plans? maybe some R&R? Or maybe you are looking for something to make tonight and that’s where I can help out! I just happen to have a recipe that is tasty and a great comfort food meal – it combines pasta, mexican flavors and packs of bit of a punch!
Plan on about 40 minutes from prep until you take your first bite. If you would like to tame it down a bit, you could leave out the jalapeno pepper – either way, it will still be quite tasty!
- 8 oz. wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 10 oz can Ro-Tel tomatoes (your choice of flavor)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced cilanatro
- 2 med chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- crushed Dorito chips (reg. or nacho cheese flavor)
- 1. Preheat oven to 450
- 2. Cook pasta according to directions and set aside
- 3. In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add onion, jalapeno and cumin cooking until light brown (8 to 10 minutes). Stir in Ro-Tel and continue cooking until almost all liquid is evaporated.
- 4. Stir in flour and cook for one minute. Whisk in the chicken broth and cream slowly cooking until thickened (about 2 minutes). Stir in cheese until melted and remove from heat.
- 5. Season with S&P and add cilantro. Stir in cooked pasta and chicken.
- 6. Place mixture into a 2 qt. baking dish and sprinkle with crushed Doritos. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until chips start to brown - let cool for 10 minutes then serve.
Don’t you just love food that sticks to your ribs! We do!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!