It’s Get Your Chef On reveal day with the ingredient of applesauce! I can’t wait to see what the others have created – I decided to go the breakfast route. My applesauce is in the syrup along with apple jelly and some spices served warm over the bake.
Your fun hosts for the challenge are:
Overnight Apple French Toast
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 T light corn syrup
- 1 large granny smith apple peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- demi loaf of day old french bread (cut in 3/4" cubes)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 5 ozs apple jelly
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- 1. In a small saucepan cook brown sugar, butter and corn syrup until thick - about 5 minutes.
- 2. Pour equal amounts into five 8 oz. ramekins.
- 3. Cut each apple slice into pieces and evenly distribute over caramel
- 4. In a large bowl beat eggs, milk and vanilla.
- 5. Take cubed french bread and toss until all liquid is absorbed and divide evenly over apples. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking while heating oven to 350 degrees.
- 7. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes or until crispy on top.
- 8. Meanwhile combine apple jelly, applesauce and spices in a medium saucepan - cook and stir until hot. Serve over french toast.
The other recipes can be found below… hope you find something you like! And I have to give a special shout-out to my daughter Danielle – Happy Birthday!!