Thursday, August 29, 2013
And as the week ends, what are you looking forward to this holiday weekend? Our friends host a clambake every year this weekend and I need to bring a dessert. I’m thinking something really decedent! Stop back early next week to see what I made.
Are you ready to network?
We have a new feature this week. We are going to feature one blogger per week. Which means if you link with us this week, you could be featured next week! .
My feature blogger that linked with Grow Your Blog Last week is
We asked you last week what your opinion is on Blog Hops/Networking Link ups. The feedback I received was positive, however, the actual links and click throughs are declining. Hopefully, those that are linking are meeting new blog friends and obtaining new followers. We plan to study the trends and link ups a few more weeks. Do you have suggestions how we can market GYB better to reach new bloggers?
The GYB Networking Party
Grow Your Blog
Joining me in hosting GYB is Paula from Call Me PMc, Tanya from Lemons for Lulu, and Julie from This Gal Cooks. We love hosting this networking opportunity each week. We also have four co-hosts joining in the fun.
What is the Grow Your Blog Networking Party all about? NETWORKING. Meeting new bloggers, finding new content to follow, building your readership. Why is blog networking great for you? Simply put, it increases readership and traffic to your blog. How do you network? Visit. Comment. Invite. Communicate. These are key to growing your blog.
Let’s meet your hosts and co-hosts. Please stop by, introduce and leave a meaningful, engaging comment with each host and co-host. I can guarantee that the hosts will reply to your comment and try to get to your blog to engage in conversation with you!
WHEN YOU LINK UP TO THIS PARTY:
- Follow and/or visit your hosts and co-hosts. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know you stopped by!
- Link up the main page of your blog, not an individual post.
- Visit and follow other bloggers
- Leave engaging comments on the blogs that you visit.
- Invite them to visit your blog. Leave the name of your blog in a comment. Please do not leave a link – Google is going to start viewing links as Spam and they will decrease page ranking of sites that are viewed to have a lot of Spam.
- Communicate with them about what you like on their blog. Let them know you are interested in their blog.USE THEIR NAME! A simple “I’m so and so stopping by. I followed you please follow me.” just isn’t going to interest someone into visiting your blog. Sure, you can request a visit to your blog or a follow along but engage in some type of conversation first.
- Place our party graphic on your page. It’s not required but it would be a pretty rad thing to do. You can get the graphic by copying and pasting the GYB graphic located in the beginning of this post.
LINK UP YOUR BLOG