I’ve been experimenting with some different ingredients this summer as I’m trying some new salads. Last week it was quinoa and today I’m using couscous. I really hadn’t realized how easy this is to use – it cooks up in 5 minutes and since I used vegetable broth as a base, it is also a great vegetarian dish. This particular couscous is tri-colored which added some fun!
And while I did not photograph the final product, it was topped with feta cheese. We found this recipe to be quite refreshing and tasty. I think it would look cute in a canning jar and brought along on a picnic!
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or chicken)
- 1 ½ cup couscous (I used tri color)
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced cucumber (unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup diced Kalamata olives
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- 3 T chopped fresh dill
- feta cheese for topping
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 T minced shallot
- 1/2 t sugar
- 1/2 T ground stone mustard (or Dijon)