It’s grilling time! Oh the yummy flavor of grilled veggies and chicken! This dinner was a delight to make – the warmer weather makes it pleasant to stand outside while being a grill master – ha!
Ready to mix with the grilled food and pasta
First the veggies
Then the pasta and chicken
Finally – eating!
Recipe adapted from BH&G Chicken Dinners
Grilled Chicken and Penne
Prep Time to Table: 45 minutes
Recipe : adapted from BH&G
• 8 ounces dried tomato or garlic and herb-flavored penne pasta or plain penne pasta
• 4 medium skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total)
• 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
• 8 thick asparagus spears (8 to 10 ounces total), trimmed
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon green onion tops chopped fine
• ¼ tsp thyme leaves
• 1/2 cup finely shredded Asiago or Pecorino Romano cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, rinse chicken; pat dry. Brush chicken, zucchini, and asparagus with 1 tablespoon of the oil; sprinkle all sides with fines 1/2 teaspoon salt.
2.. Grill directly over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink and vegetables are tender, turning once. (use grill grate or foil)
3. Transfer chicken and vegetables to cutting board; cool slightly. Cut chicken and zucchini into 1-inch cubes; slice asparagus into 1-inch-long pieces. Drain pasta; return to saucepan. Add chicken, vegetables, remaining oil, and thyme to pasta; toss well. Divide among 4 dinner plates; top with cheese and season with pepper.