This weekend I bought a new Better Homes and Garden special interest publication – Chicken Dinners. I know – I really should resist buying more recipes but I couldn’t help it… the kitchen fairy made me do it!
So first up – I tried Chicken Caesar Lasagna – just a few ingredients and easy to assemble. We loved it! It has a touch of fresh lemon juice that just brings out all the other flavors….
Ingredients (plus pre-cooked chopped chicken)
The Alfredo sauce is mixed with fresh cracked pepper and lemon juice
Then add spinach, chopped roasted peppers and the chicken
Cook the noodles and start layering
Bake for about 50 minutes, serve and eat!
Mr. John said it was a keeper (as he was eating his 3rd piece!)
Chicken Caesar Lasagna
Prep Time to Table: 75 minutes
Recipe : Better Homes and Garden Chicken Dinners
-9 dried regular lasagna noodles
-3 cups cooked chopped chicken
-2 10 ounce light Alfredo sauce (refrigerated section)
-3 tbls fresh lemon juice
-1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
-1 10 ounce frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
-1 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and chopped
-1/4 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
1. Cook noodles as directed, drain and rinse in cold water
2. In large bowl combine sauce with pepper and lemon juice, stir and then add chicken, spinach and roasted peppers
3. Coat a 3 quart baking dish with PAM spray – arrange 3 noodles, 1/3 of mixture and repeat twice, cover and bake at 325 for 45 minutes
4. Remove foil and sprinkle with cheese and bake for about 7 minutes until melted
5. Let stand 15 minutes before serving