Earlier this week, I had on hand ingredients to make this lasagna from a recipe in the Ultimate Italian 2009 BH&G magazine.
Ingredients for the sauce – turkey sausage, chopped onions, tomatoes and Italian seasoning
The creamy layer was ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, thawed spinach and an egg
Baked and ready to eat!
I actually made this one day and reheated for another – it was awesome and Mr. John gave it 4 stars!
Prep Time to Table: 1 hr 20 min
Recipe : Ultimate Italian BH&G 2009
-12 oz. Italian turkey sausage
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
-8 oz. tomato sauce
-1 tbl Italian seasoning
-6 dried lasagna noodles
-1 egg lightly beaten
-15 oz. ricotta cheese
-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
-10 oz. frozen spinach thawed, drained well
-8 oz. sliced mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven 375
2. Meat sauce – in saucepan cook sausage (remove casing) and onion until brown and onion is tender- drain, stir in tomatoes, sauce and seasoning and simmer for 15 minutes uncovered
3. Cook noodles according to package, drain and rinse well with cold water
4. Filling – mix egg, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup parm cheese and spinach
5. To assemble in an ungreased baking dish 12 x 7 layer 3 noodles top with half filling, half meat and half mozzarella cheese, repeat and top with remaining parm cheese
6. Bake uncovered 30 minutes then let stand 20 minutes before serving