Well, you might be getting tired of hearing this but here is another recipe (though tweaked a bit) from the BH&G Ultimate Italian magazine. I think I’ve made about 4 recipes in the last couple of weeks and this is probably one of my favorites. There is sometime about roasted red peppers that just gives a dish a special ‘umpf’.
The onion and garlic are sauteed in butter and olive oil; then the shrimp is added with the crushed red pepper. Next is the wine and roasted peppers and finally the heavy cream and basil…
The above is added to your favorite pasta (which tonight for us was penne) and dinner is done. John gave this 4 stars!
Shrimp and Roasted Red Peppers
Prep Time to Table: 25 minutes
Recipe : Adapted from BH&G Ultimate Italian
-2 T butter
-1 T olive oil
-2 T onion, minced
-1 clove garlic, minced
-3/4 lb raw shrimp
-1/4 t crushed red pepper
-6 oz chopped roasted red peppers
-1/4 c dry white wine
-1/4 c heavy cream
-1 T fresh basil, snipped
-1/2 c parmesan cheese
-8 oz pasta cooked and drained
1. In large skillet heat butter and olive oil until butter is melted.
2. Add onion and garlic and stir for about 2 minutes or until onion is tender.
3. Add shrimp and crushed red pepper; cook about 1 minute, turn shrimp and cook another minute
4. Add roasted red peppers and wine; bring to boil and simmer about 2 minutes
5. Add heavy cream and simmer gently for about 1 minute; stir in basil
6. Add shrimp mixture to hot cooked pasta and gently toss to combine