Tonight we had stir fry that is adapted from a Cooking Light recipe. It was quite tasty and by marinading the chicken for a bit in the sauce – it turned out really tender.
Making the sauce for the chicken marinade – soy sauce, sherry and cornstarch
Another sauce is made to add later that was additional soy sauce, honey, chili garlic sauce and chicken broth
Prepped the rest of the ingredients (I thought I had a red pepper – did not so used some jarred roasted red pepper – it was actually quite good!)
Time to stir fry!
This rice at Trader Joe’s is delicious and easy to prepare – you could nuke it but I stir fried it in a tablespoon of oil for about 3 minutes
We ended up having NO leftovers – John went back for more and gave it 4 stars!
Chicken and Cashews
Prep Time to Table: 30 minutes
Recipe : Adapted from Cooking Light
-3 Tbl soy sauce, divided
-2 tbl sherry
-4 tsp cornstarch, divided
-1 lb boneless chicken cut into bite sized pieces
-1/2 cup chicken broth
-1 tbl honey
-2 tsp sesame oil, divided
-1 tsp asian chili garlic sauce (or more if you like spicy)
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1/2 cup chopped celery
-1/2 cup chopped red pepper
-1 tbl fresh grated ginger
-1 tsp minced garlic (bottled works well)
-sliced green onions for garnish
-1/2 cup chopped cashews
1. Combine 1 tbl soy sauce, sherry, 2 tsp cornstarch and chicken in large bowl and toss
2. Combine remaining 2 tbls soy sauce, 2 tsp cornstarch, broth, chili sauce and honey in small bowl
3. Heat 1 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet and add chicken mixture and sauté 3 minutes and remove from skillet
4. Heat another tsp oil and add onion, celery and peppers and sauté 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic, sauté 1 minute.
5. Return chicken mixture to skillet and bring to boil and stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
6. Serve over rice (I used Trader Joe’s vegetarian rice) and sprinkle with green onions and cashews