I am thrilled to be back in the kitchen cooking tonight. I love making homemade meals whenever I can (plus I think you depend on me to come up with ideas…right 🙂
This recipe came from a October 2005 BH&G magazine. Just a few ingredients.
Yay…I get to use my freshly grated cheese from Cossettas! I like finding the pieces that didn’t get grated and eat them!
A 4 star meal for John!
Roasted Red Pepper Lasagna
Prep Time to Table: 90 minutes
Recipe : BH&G 2005
-2 cups red pasta sauce (garden vegetable)
-6 no boil lasagna noodles
-7 oz. ricotta cheese
-6 oz. goat or mozzarella cheese (shredded) (1 ½ cups)
-1 tbl red wine (optional)
-1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-1 cup roasted red peppers, drained and cut into strips
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Lightly spray a 2 quart baking dish
3. Spoon 1/3 cup of sauce in dish, top with 2 noodles
4. Combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup goat or mozzarella cheese and wine. Spoon half the mixture over noodles
5. Sprinkle with 2 tbl parm cheese
6. Top with half of red pepper strips and half of the remaining sauce
7. Top with 2 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, remaining peppers and add 2 more noodles
8. Top with remaining sauce and dot with ½ cup goat or mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with remaining parm cheese
9. Cover with foil; bake 50 minutes; let stand covered on wire rack for 20 minutes before serving