Is chicken soup good for what ails you? I hope so – did a Meal on Wheels tonight for a sick friend and her husband. I’ll be anxious to hear if it cures them! This recipe is from a website called Top Secret Recipes and it is their version from the Hard Rock Cafe.
Place chicken on baking sheet, rub with olive oil and S&P and bake for 25 minutes
Meanwhile prepare the veggies
Saute the veggies in butter
Then add remaining of the ingredients (except noodles)
Noodles go in last and then after a 10 minute simmer it is time to eat!
Today happened to be a cooler day so this really hit the spot. Also today John went fishing on the Mississippi in a winter coat!! He brought home 2 walleyes….
Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep Time to Table: 1 hour
Recipe : Adapted from Top Secret Recipes/Hard Rock Café
-1 lb boneless chicken breasts
-1 lb boneless chicken thighs
-2 tbl butter
– ¼ cup chopped onions
-1 cup sliced celery
-4 cups chicken stock
-2 cups water
-1 cup sliced carrots
-1 tsp salt
– ½ tsp cracked black pepper
– ½ tsp minced fresh parsley (optional)
-2 cups egg noodles
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Rub olive oil over each piece of chicken and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes; cool and dice
3. Melt butter in large saucepan; add celery and onions and sauté 5 minutes
4. Add remaining ingredients except noodles and simmer for 30 minutes (covered)
5. Add noodles and simmer until noodles are tender.
6. Sprinkle with a pinch of parsley if desired