Here’s the second recipe called Veggie Hashbrown Egg Bake – I first made this recipe when we did a brunch for Danielle’s high school graduation. It has lots of steps but worth it!
Prepare the hashbrowns and put into a 9×13″ pan and bake for 20 minutes
Meanwhile prepare the rest of the ingredients
Start by assembling in this order
Cover and refrig overnight – bake and here’s the final product!
This weighs a ton! I think it was a hit!
Veggie Hashbrown Egg Bake
Prep Time to Table: 40 minutes; overnight; 60 minutes baking
Recipe : web
-1 32 oz. frozen southern style hash browns
-1 stick butter melted
– 1 tbl onion salt
-12 bread slices; no crust; cut into cubes
-2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
-3 cups grated cheddar cheese
-2 green onions sliced
– ¼ cup each chopped green, red and yellow peppers
-8 oz. sliced mushrooms
-1 large tomato; sliced in 10 thin slices (drain on paper towels if juicy)
-7 eggs beaten
-1 ½ cup milk
-1 ½ cup half & half
-1 tsp dry mustard
-red cayenne pepper
1. Thaw frozen hash browns in microwave for 2 minutes.
2. Mix in melted butter and spread into greased 9×13” pan. Sprinkle with onion salt and bake at 350 for 20 minutes and cool.
3. Sprinkle 2 cups cheddar cheese and green onions over hash browns.
4. Place bread cubes over cheese.
5. Microwave peppers for 2 minutes and sprinkle along with mushrooms over bread.
6. Sprinkle 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese over veggies.
7. Place tomato slices over cheese, sprinkle with cayenne pepper.
8. Beat eggs; add milk, half & half and mustard. Beat together and pour over pan evenly.
9. Cover and refrig overnight
10. Bake (covered for 45 minutes at 350. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes until lightly brown. Let set about 15 minutes before slicing.