Tonight’s recipe was inspired from a Cooking Light magazine (about 10 years old). It is called Jamaican Chicken Stew – it was delicious and spicy. Do you have a cold? This will help!
Are these still available in the stores? I found these in the back of a drawer – I think they are very old but work great for cutting juicy stuff
I love the spices:
Mix in with the chicken:
Saute the onions, garlic and then the chicken:
Add the wine, beans and tomatoes:
Serve over the white rice… we are giving this one 4.5 stars!
The only thing missing:
A bit of tidbit information – John and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon almost 28 years ago to Couples resort!
Jamaican Chicken Stew
Prep Time to Table: 30 minutes
-2 tsp olive oil
– ½ cup chopped onion
-1 tsp minced garlic
-1 lb. boneless chicken cut into bite-size pieces
-1 cup uncooked white rice
– 1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
– 1 15 oz. can undrained diced tomatoes
-1 tsp curry powder
-1/2 tsp dried thyme
-1/2 tsp ground allspice
-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
-1/2 tsp cracked ground pepper
-1/4 cup red wine
1. Prepare rice and set aside
2. Combine chicken and 5 spices in bowl and set aside for about 10 minutes
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté onion and garlic about 3 minutes
4. Add chicken to pan and sauté 4 minutes.
5. Stir in wine, beans and tomatoes – cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over rice