We are getting into the final countdown before turkey day. Are you ready??? I used to always host Thanksgiving with just our immediate family and made everything - it took me a few years to figure out how to make good gravy but other than that I had it down to a science to what time what goes in with my list (I'm such a list person!) The last couple of years though we have been invited to our daughter's in Minneapolis and her and her husband have taken over making most of the food. I bring pumpkin soup and a pumpkin pie. I like it! Then if I'm lucky I can convince the DIY GUY to stop at Crate & Barrel on Friday before we head home....
We do have our tradition as I mentioned with a pumpkin pie but this past weekend we went out with some friends and I had them back to our place for dessert. Wanting to make something I've never made before (I love trying new recipes out on folks), I came across this recipe from Kraft and followed it about 90%.
Orange Cranberry Cheesecake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Yield 12 servings
Inspiration from Kraft
- 15 Oreo cookies finely crushed in a food processor
- 3 T melted butter
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz white chocolate bar melted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl combine the crushed oreos and melted butter then press on bottom of a 9" springform pan
- In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and sugar until well blended and fluffy
- Add one egg at a time and beat until just blended
- Stir in melted white chocolate, cranberries and orange zest
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until the center is almost set
- Cool on a wire rack completely then refrigerate at least 3 hours
Powered by Recipage
This was amazing, probably because I'm such a fan of orange and cranberry flavors together, and can be whipped up and in the oven in about 15 minutes. So if you don't have a planned dessert yet, you might want to give this one a try! It won't disappoint.
I hope you have a great holiday!!! And if you are a Black Friday shopper - good luck!!!