Almost time for TGIF and this week I have a refreshing tasty beverage that is sure to be a hit with the adult crowd. This Cucumber Mint Mojito is perfect for summer and you may even be growing some of the ingredients in your garden (no - not the rum silly!) Just picture yourself sitting on your deck or by a pool with this cool drink in your hand!
About a month ago (gosh was it that long already!) we had some friends passing through town who spent part of a weekend with us. For our happy hour before dinner, I made just regular mojitos. They were great! About 10 days later I received a text message from our friends who said they had just sampled a cucumber mojito and how good that was... being the curious person I am, I did some tweaking to my original recipe to come up with this version - it did not disappoint and will now be in the tasty beverage rotation!
Cucumber Mint Mojito
Prep Time: 5-6 minutes
Makes 2 drinks
- 1 lime sliced into 8 wedges
- About 12-14 mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons simple syrup*
- 6 slices of cucumber
- 4 ounces Limon Rum (or plain run)
- 6 ounces club soda
- In each tall glass add 4 wedges of limes, 1 1/2 tablespoon simple syrup, 6-7 mint leaves. Use a muddler to make the juice come out of the limes and mix well with the syrup and mint.
- Add 2-3 slices of cucumber and lightly muddle.
- Add ice to fill almost the entire glass
- Pour in 2 ounces of rum in each glass
- Top with 3 ounces of club soda
- Stir gently until mixed
- Sip and enjoy!
- Tip - we keep our rum in the freezer - it really helps to have all the ingredients really cold to start.
Powered by Recipage
What is your favorite summer drink??
Another refreshing cocktail recipe