Stay Connected with Cooking on the Front Burner
Welcome to Best of the Weekend and Happy 4th of July! I can't believe it is July... I love summer and hope it doesn't go by too quickly! We are ending this week with our yearly cabin trip up north in Minnesota. We've had a great week of R&R, boating, fishing, eating and enjoying some tasty beverages. Besides the DIY Guy, we are also joined by our daughter, her husband and our cutie granddaughter Miss Emily. At ten months, she has been so fun to be around! I hope you are enjoying your summer as well!
Your hosts are:
Claire from A LittleClaireification
Lisa from Cooking with Curls
Cindy from Little Miss Celebration
Nichi from The Mandatory Mooch
Our most clicked link is from Suzanne with these yellow squash appetizers at Simply Suzanne's at Home:
Last week we had some great frozen treats linked up... being summer and all, here are a few that I think we all should try!
1. Salted Caramel Mocha Popsicles from Frugal Foodie Mama
2. Roasted Fig Ginger Ice Cream by Blahnik Baker
3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fro-Yo by Sweet to Eat Baking
4. Strawberry Sorbet by Your Homebased Mom
5. Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Dieters Downfall
6. Strawberry Cheesecake Yogurt pops by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
And in case you missed it, I had a frozen treat of my own this week... have you ever roasted strawberries?? It was a first for me! But not a last - get the recipe here.
A few rules:
- Please follow your hosts in some way. Please leave me a comment stating how you followed so I can follow you back. Links can be found in the right hand column.
- Please visit at least 2 other links. I suggest leaving a comment to let them know that you stopped by.
- Link up your recipes, crafts or DIY projects. Please link something that you made. No giveaways or shops, please.
- Please note that by linking up your posts and projects you are giving us permission to use your photos in the featured posts and possibly on our social media outlets. All photos will be linked back to your sites and your posts.