Today I'm sharing one of the DIY Guy's favorite sweet treat combos with this Turtle Cheesecake Pie. I'm not sure if any of you have Culver's in your area but that is usually where he heads to get his fix with a sundae. So for Father's Day I decided to try making it more of a dessert with a no-bake cheesecake topped with all the goodies!
Earlier this week I shared the grilled veggie flatbread we had for an appetizer and our main course was another of his favorites - Eggplant Parmesan. This pie was a perfect ending to our meal - cool and refreshing!
Turtle Cheesecake Pie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hour freeze time
Serves 4 individual or 1 9" pie
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate teddy grahams (crumbs) or oreo crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 8 oz. light cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cool whip thawed
- caramel sauce
- hot fudge sauce
- chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl combine the crumbs and melted butter. Divide in four small springform pans, press firmly and place in freezer until filling is mixed.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla and cool whip
- Mix well and divide into 4 springform pans
- Freeze until firm - about 4 hours or overnight
- To serve - remove from pan and drizzle with the caramel sauce and hot fudge sauce - warm both to drizzle better
- Top with chopped pecans
- Note: This recipe will also make a 9" pie if you prefer
Powered by Recipage
I mean who doesn't love a light and fluffy cheesecake - that alone is good but topped with warm drizzles of caramel sauce, hot fudge sauce and a sprinkle of pecans really hits the spot!
Grab a fork and dig in!
This peanut butter pie is a good recipe to have on hand also