At the end of the rainbow you might find a pot of gold, but even better are these Monster Leprechaun Cookies. These are soft, chewy and bursting with some of your favorite flavors!
I originally shared this recipe over at my friend Meghan's blog The Tasty Fork so she could enjoy some R&R with her family. I know she went somewhere warm soaking up some rays!
Monster Leprechaun Cookies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (4 1/2 dozen)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup biscoff cookie spread (or 1 1/2 cups peanut butter)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick soft butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 cups quick oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cups M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Combine the peanut butter, biscoff, brown sugar, sugar and butter in a large bowl and beat until well combined.
- Mix in vanilla and eggs
- Stir in the oats and baking soda
- Add chocolate chips and M&MS - mix well but gently
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto sheets and if desired, add a few M&Ms on top
- Bake for 10 minutes then cool for 5 minutes; transfer to wire rack to cool completely
- Store in airtight container
- Note: cookies won't appear done after 10 minutes but they are and set up - you don't want to overbake them
Powered by Recipage
As I've mentioned before with these cookies, you can switch out the M&Ms for any holiday or just for fun. The base cookie recipe is fantastic!
Another recipe for St. Patrick's Day - Minty Shamrock Cheeseball