Today I'm taking part in the Get Your Chef On challenge with the ingredient of shrimp. We are shrimp lovers here and was excited to create a dish using this ingredient. I think this Shrimp Bruschetta fits the bill.
When I first heard of the ingredient I was like Bubba from Forrest Gump and had all these shrimp dishes running through my head - "You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it." BUT he didn't mention bruschetta!
I had gotten that idea from a local restaurant we had gone to on New Year's Eve that had this as a special appetizer that night. I can't wait until summer so I can use some fresh tomatoes from our garden. I did manage to find some pretty good ones at Trader Joe's though...
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Makes about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup cooked shrimp (about 10 large)
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes (seeded)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- French baguette
- Heat a small skillet over medium high heat then fry the shrimp in a bit of olive oil until cooked (about 3 minutes on each side); dice and place in bowl
- Add remaining ingredients and if a bit dry add additional olive oil until consistency you desire
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes before serving
- Serve with sliced french bread
Powered by Recipage
Today's challenge is being sponsored by:
Julie at White Lights on Wednesday
Jen at Four Mars and One Venus
Be sure to head over to see the other entrants.... I can't wait to see what everyone has made!