How do I love thee? Let me count the ways... Well, I think these Raspberry Truffle Tarts would count as one or maybe even two! It's almost Valentine's Day and time to be thinking of a decadent treat for that someone special.
It's so rich and chocolately! Make this for that someone special today!
Raspberry Truffle Tarts
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield - 4 small tarts
- (Recipe below from Williams Sonoma)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbs. very cold water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbs. (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1⁄4-inch cubes
- 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur, if desired
- Raspberry jam
InstructionsDough - see * Notes
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a small bowl, stir together the egg yolk, water and vanilla; set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the flat beater, stir together the flour, sugar and salt in the mixer bowl. Add the butter and beat on medium-low speed until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal, with butter pieces no larger than small peas.
- Add the egg mixture and beat just until the dough pulls together.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface, pat into a ball and flatten into a disk.
- To roll out the dough, on a lightly floured board, flatten the disk with 6 to 8 gentle taps of the rolling pin. Lift the dough and give it a quarter turn. Lightly dust the top of the dough or the rolling pin with flour as needed, then roll out until the dough is about 1/8 inch thick. Use a small, sharp knife to cut out a round or rounds 2 inches greater in diameter than your tart pan or larger tartlet pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Let cool.
- Use 4 5-6" tart pans with removable bottoms
- In a medium saucepan combine the whipping cream, chocolate chips and stir constantly until smooth
- Remove from heat and add 1 T of raspberry liqueur if desired.
- Brush each shell with warmed raspberry jam (seedless)
- Divide the chocolate mixture between the 4 baked and cooled tart shells and let set at room temperature until set ~ 2 hours
- Top with raspberries (and whipped cream if desired)
NOTES: you may buy ready made pie crust to keep it simple
Powered by Recipage
Other desserts you might like - No Bake Cannoli Tarts and Lemon Raspberry Tart