Happy Saturday! Time to enjoy the weekend cuz you deserve it! And I've got a meal for you that is easy to make and has great flavor. A couple weeks ago I came across this recipe from UNI HOMEAKER. I was really drawn to it because it has the DIY Guy's favorite meat - nope not the other white meat but close... chicken thighs. I quickly pinned it and had time this past week to give it a try. It did not disappoint!
I did tweak it a bit to what I had on hand and also served it over pasta (that's the Italian in me). Be sure to stop by to see Uni - not only is this recipe fantastic but she also has other great ones to try!
Chicken Thighs with Sun-Dried Tomato Cream
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Adapted from Uni Homeaker
Yield: 4 servings
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken thighs, seasoned with S&P
- 1 tablespoon of oil from the oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2/3 cup of dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 oz. medium sized pasta, cooked according to directions
1. Cook pasta while preparing chicken.
2. In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil and chicken to the skillet and cook until brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
3. Remove chicken to a plate; set aside.
4. Add shallots and stir for one minute then add the wine, cream and tomatoes.
5. Bring to boil then add chicken back to skillet; cover. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, an additional 3-4 minutes.
6. Add basil, stirring to combine.
7. Place chicken over pasta and spoon sauce over; sprinkle with additional basil if desired.
Powered by Recipage
What do you have planned this weekend? I've been cooking and baking so watch for some tasty treats soon! Enjoy your weekend!