Happy Saturday! Today I am entering this recipe in the SPIKED Recipe Challenge - this month's ingredient was a fall beer. My head was spinning from the different choices but I decided on Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. The SPIKED challenges are fun and sponsored by Julie@This Gal Cooks and Carrie from Frugal Foodie Mama. Be sure to stop by one of their places to see all the entries!
Right after I took this picture, the DIY Guy and I had those 2 slices. The bread was fantastic - really moist and great taste - really couldn't taste the beer - the pumpkin flavor was just right!
Harvest Pumpkin Ale Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients (1 9-inch loaf)
- 7 oz. pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 oz Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale Beer
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbl pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Powered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350 then lightly grease a 9" loaf pan
2. Combine pumpkin, 1/3 c sugar, beer, and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl and set aside
3.Beat together the 1 1/2 cups sugar and oil on medium speed to combine well. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
4. Add one cup of the pumpkin mixture and mix on medium-low speed for 5 minutes until it is light and fluffy. (yes, you will have extra pumpkin)
5. In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients then add to the liquid mixture - use low speed for about one minute on mixer.
6. Pour in the prepared pan and bake for one hour. Use a toothpick to test - no batter should stick on it.
7. Cool on rack for 10 minutes then remove from pan.
8. When completely cool, dust with powdered sugar.
Powered by Recipage