Well the DIY Guy is happy! I finally have had some time to get back in the kitchen and make some decent dinners. And I really liked this recipe because it came together in about 30 minutes - those are just my favorites when I want a quick dinner after working all day. Grilling is still in season too (though we will fire it up during the winter if our grill and deck aren't covered with too much snow!)
This recipe uses boneless chicken thighs and the trick is to mostly cook them over a medium high grill then dip them in this yummy orange marmalade sauce and turn the grill to low. This will help prevent the sauce getting scorched and you will be left with moist chicken and a sauce that just clings to it.
Asian Chicken with Sesame Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
- ½ cup orange marmalade, melted
- 2 T sriracha sauce
- 1/2 t dried thyme
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 3 T rice vinegar
- 1 T sugar
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 t soy sauce
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup snow peas, sliced into thirds
- 1/2 cup matchstick sliced red pepper
- 2 T sliced green onions
- 1 T toasted sesame seeds
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl
2. Season chicken thighs with S&P and spray lightly with PAM
3. Cook on pre-heated med high grill about 4 minutes on each side
4. Dip each thigh in sauce mixture and place back on grill but turn down to low. Cook about 6-8 minutes until done ( you could use a thermometer and cook until 170 on the inside)
5. For salad, place cabbage, snow peas, red pepper, onions and seeds in a large bowl. Whisk together the other ingredients and pour on top and toss. This can be served right away or refrigerated until chicken is done.
Powered by Recipage
While your chicken is grilling, prepare the side salad. Buying pre-shredded cabbage is a time saver and all you need to do is cut up a few veggies, whisk up the dressing, pour and toss - that's it!
Dig in, eat, then go outside and enjoy this gorgeous summer weather we have been having! I'm loving the warm days and slightly cooler nights.
I'm also guest posting today at the two blogs below - are you curious?? Both are sweet treats with my 2 favorite flavors (click on blog names below)
White Light on Wednesdays
All She Cooks