I've had a sweet tooth lately... well, that is really nothing new but I usually get my fix with our candy dish at work with a rolo or two. Do you have a candy dish at work? Or at home? Us girls in the office have our favorites - in no particular order - twizzlers, crunch bars and rolos. But we have learned that we have to put the candy dish away at the end of the day... sometimes we get some (hungry) cleaning elves who deplete our supply!
I decided to do some baking this week because I wanted to send some treats to work with the DIY Guy. I had seen some cute brownie bites somewhere and thought what a perfect bite size treat. What I hadn't realized is that I bought the wrong size pan - I think my clue should have been there were only 12 slots! I had meant to buy the mini pan. Oh well, we have this batch at home (9) and I will be making more to send to his work soon.
Don't these look nice and gooey! And the best part, baked in the middle is a rolo. John even had his with a side of ice cream.... that really kicked it up a notch!!
Rolo Brownie Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (10 larger brownies)
- 1 Brownie mix (with syrup)
- package of rolos
- 3 T unsweetened cocoa
- 2 T melted butter
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 T warm water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- caramel sauce for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 325
2. Prepare the box mix according to directions
3. Prepare brownie pans (I used the pan with 12 slots) with soft butter
4. Pour batter about 2/3 up and place a rolo in the center
5. Bake until done – which is about 25-30 minutes – check with a toothpick near the center but do not insert in rolo
6. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then remove
7. Make frosting by combining all ingredients with a whisk and dip tops in and set on rack to dry.
8. Drizzle caramel sauce
Powered by Recipage
And speaking of desserts and chocolately things - head over to see what I guest posted at White Lights on Wednesday... it's an oldy but goody with a twist!