Recipe source: adapted from BH&G Chicken Dinners 2013
It went well over Uncle Ben's 90 second rice. If you give it a try, let me know what you think...
- 1 anaheim pepper, chopped
-6 bone in chicken thighs
-1/4 veg oil
-1/2 c chopped onion
-1 garlic clove minced
-1 14.5 diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
-1 cup chicken broth
-1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
-1 t cinnamon
- cilantro if desired
1. S&P chicken. In large skillet heat veg oil over medium heat. Cook chicken for 8 minutes turning once to brown chicken then remove.
2. Keep 2 T of oil in skillet and then add pepper, onion and garlic. Cook about 5 minutes until onion is soft.
3. Transfer above to a blender, add tomatoes, broth, peanuts and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
4. Return mixture to skillet and add chicken back in. Bring to boil and then set to simmer, cook chicken uncovered turning once (use thermometer to test for doneness). Serve over rice with sauce.