Soup's on! This is a soup that my mom used to make with her leftover spaghetti sauce. You always knew that after a yummy pasta night, this would appear in the next few days! It is one of my all time favorites. Loaded with veggies, kidney beans, some rice and noodles. Not much more to say about it but just grab a spoon and dig in!
Recipe Source: Mom
I love receiving comments and since I'm on vacation this week, I will respond when I get back!
Vegetable Bean Soup Serves: 8-10 Calories: NA Prep Time to Table: 50 minutes
Recipe : Mom’s
-2 T butter
-2 T chopped onions
-2 T tomato paste
-2 quarts water
-1 can dark kidney beans undrained
-1 cup spaghetti sauce
-1 cup chopped celery
-1 cup chopped carrots
-1 diced large potato
-1/2 cup rice
-3/4 cup soup noodles (I break spaghetti)
1. Melt butter in soup pot, sauté onions until te
nder then add tomato paste and stir for 1 minute.
2. Add water and chopped veggies and simmer for 20 minutes
3. Add sauce and kidneys beans and simmer 10 minutes
4. Add rice and simmer 10 minutes
5. Add soup noodles and simmer until noodles are done