click here. My tweak was not pre-baking the dough for a bit (it will make sense as you read my recipe).
Recipe Source: Adapted from Everyday Insanity
I also had some fun with my new camera before I went to any classes... still lots to learn.
The recipe called for red peppers but I forgot to buy so I used what I had on hand:
Time to eat!
If you have a non-traditional pizza for me to try - send it my way!!
-Pizza dough (I make mine but only need half to make this)
-3 T olive oil, divided
-1/4 cup sliced red onions
-1/3 green onion, white and green parts roughly chopped
-1/4 cup red pepper, diced
-1 cup chicken, roasted or sauteed and diced
-1/3 cup carrots, shredded (I buy pre-shredded in bag)
-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
-1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
-1/4 cup sweet Chili Sauce
-1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
-1/3 cup bean sprouts (fresh if you can find)
1. Preheat your oven to 500 degrees with a baking stone on middle rack – let stone heat up for at least 30 minutes before adding pizza
2. Heat 1 T olive oil in a small pan over medium high, add red onion and saute – onion should not brown but be very soft. Remove from heat.
3. Stretch the dough into a 12” circle and place on a pizza paddle that has corn meal on it (for easy sliding onto your stone)
4. Combine chicken with the remaining 2 T of olive oil and place as first ingredient on pizza. Next add red onion, green onions, red pepper, carrots, peanuts, cheese ending with the chili sauce.
5. Slide onto stone and bake until the crust is done (a nice brown) about 12-14 minutes.
6. Remove then add cilantro and sprouts immediately
7. Enjoy – if desired you could combine some hot sauce with the sweet chili sauce.