Thursday, August 16, 2012
Chicken with Orzo and Zucchini
Recipe Source: BH&G 30 Minute Meals
I'm a fan of fresh dill - help me to remember to plant this next year!
A great week night meal!
Herbed Chicken, Orzo and Zucchini Serves: 4 Calories: 390 Prep Time to Table: 20 minutes
Recipe : BH&G 30 minute meals
• 1 cup dried orzo
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 lb.)
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 medium zucchini, sliced
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
• Lemon wedges (optional) • Snipped fresh dill (optional)
1. Prepare orzo according to package directions; drain. Cover and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with the basil; season with salt and ground black pepper. In large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add chicken and cook 12 minutes or until no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once. Remove from skillet. Add zucchini to skillet; cook for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
3. In bowl whisk together vinegar, the remaining olive oil, and the 1 tablespoon fresh dill. Add orzo; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Serve chicken with orzo, zucchini, and fresh lemon wedges; sprinkle with dill.