Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Making of the Mirror



This DIY project turned into a DIY times 2!  I guess I should have known better.  Luckily Mr. John really liked the looks of the mirror and was willing to help (and I'm guessing he didn't want me around his power tools in the man tool cave).  We had a date morning here


We picked out our supplies




Well, not exactly a "supply" but the HD knows how to treat their customers right!
After coming home we got started









I worked on cleaning the mirrors



I painted





We nailed in decorative tacks



After drying, we used liquid nails to glue the mirrors



 A couple days later, we hung it up


Total cost $98
- 20 8x8 mirrors - $50
- wood, glue - $48

Pottery Barn's version $599
I'm happy with ours and it looks great on the mantle....
Hmmmmm... wonder what we can work on next... I'll be checking out Pinterest later!

1 comment:

Thanks for coming by and leaving a message-it makes my day! I respond to all emails unless you are a no-reply blogger. Please note I approve all comments before posting them so they won't show up for a bit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...