|Pasta with Chicken and Olives|
First I prepared the chicken, onions and garlic and sauteed in olive oil
Half of a big can of whole tomatoes are processed until smooth, the other half chopped in pieces. All added to the chicken mixture to simmer for a bit. Then whipped cream is added and simmered for an additional 3 minutes
The pasta should be cooking at this point. Chop olives and add to mixture
Sliver fresh basil and add when mixture is tossed with pasta. Parmesan cheese is added too
Toss and eat! John gave this 3.5 stars because he is not a fan of Kalamata olives - he said they only belong in salads!
Pasta with Chicken and Olives Serves: 6-8 Calories: 499 Prep Time to Table: 30 minutes
Recipe : adapted from BH&G Ultimate Italian 2011
-1 lb. boneless chicken cut in 1” pieces
-1/2 large onion cut into thin wedges
-1 clove garlic, minced
-2 tbls olive oil
-28 oz can tomatoes in puree
-1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 c whipping cream
-4.25 ozs chopped Kalamata olives
-1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
-1/4-1/2 c slivered fresh basil leaves
- 12-16 ozs. Linguine cooked
1. In large skillet, heat oil and sauté chicken, onions and garlic about 7 minutes stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile place half of tomatoes in food processor and blend until smooth; chop remaining tomatoes into bite sized pieces
3. Add tomatoes and puree mixture to skillet and simmer uncovered about 2 minutes. Stir in cream and simmer about 3 more minutes.
4. Add olives and heat through; add mixture to pasta and toss along with parmesan cheese and basil
Notes: next time will try with red crushed pepper to kick it up a notch!