Oh my this was so delicious! You would think since I'm half Italian that I would have made this many times but sadly I have not but that is all going to change... it is going to the top of recipe box! This recipe is from Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade
I started out by preparing the chicken
The chicken is browned and then baked in the same skillet so be sure to use an oven-proof one.
At some point cook your pasta
After the chicken bakes, add marinara sauce, parm and mozzarella cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.
Oh so good (note that I said that twice!) We had 2 nice pieces leftover but Mr. John ate them tonight before I got home... oh well... will make again in a couple weeks. A 4.5 star recipe and company worthy!
Chicken Parmesan Serves: 4 Calories: NA Prep Time to Table: 45 minutes
Recipe : Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Mar/Apr 2011
-8 oz. spaghetti
-4 boneless chicken breasts
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-1/3 cup flour
-2 large eggs lightly beaten
-1 ½ cups panko crumbs
-1/3 cup olive oil
-1 1/3 cups marinara sauce (Newman’s is best!)
-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
-4 tbls parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350. Prepare spaghetti and keep warm
2. Sprinkle the S&P over the chicken then dredge in flour – be sure to shake off access
3. Dip in the egg mixture and then coat with the panko crumbs.
4. In a large ovenproof skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. Put skillet in oven; bake for 8 minutes and then turn over and bake an additional 8 minutes or until done and remove from oven
6. Add marinara sauce, sprinkle with parm cheese and then top with the mozzarella cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted; about 5 minutes.
7. Serve over spaghetti with additional sauce if desired