This dinner was made last Friday when we had our dinner guests... I forgot to take a picture of the final product :-( but have the steps leading up to it!
The fun part is roasting the peppers...aren't they colorful!
These ingredients make up the sauce
The scallops are grilled and served with the sauce... this is the part where you have to use your imagination of the scallops being served with the sauce. They were pretty good though I might want to add more spice next time - a little bland for me - so we gave it 3 stars
Scallops with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Prep Time to Table: 45 minutes
Recipe : Cooking Light
-about 2 lbs large sea scallops
-4 medium red peppers
-2 cups chicken broth
-1/2 cup dry white wine
-2 tbls fresh chopped basil
-2 tbl chilled butter cut into small pieces
-¼ tsp salt
1. Thread scallops on skewers; cover and chill
2. Turn on gas grill; put peppers on grate and rotate cooking until skin is blackened
3. Put peppers in a baggie and let sit about 10 minutes
4. Peel peppers and discard skins and seeds; chop
5. Place peppers, broth and wine in blender; process until smooth
6. Combine pepper mixture and basil in skillet and bring to boil; cook until reduced to 1 ½ cups (~ 5 minutes)
7. Reduce heat to low and gradually add butter stirring until melted. Cover and keep warm
8. Sprinkle scallops with butter; spray grill grate with PAM; grill about 2-3 minutes on each side until done.
9. Serve with sauce
Notes: French bread is good with the sauce too!