|Baked Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes|
Cook the sausage, onions and garlic and then add the tomatoes and tomato paste
When pasta is done combine with the above mixture and layer in a casserole dish with mozzarella and parmesan cheese... bake and 25 minutes later it is ready to eat! John really likes this and gave it 4 stars!
Side note today: I felt like I was in a Seinfeld episode... I was leaving work and took the elevator to what I thought was my level and was wandering around for a bit until I remembered I was down 2 levels... Luckily I was not carrying an air conditioner!
Baked Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes Serves: 4 Calories: 415 Prep Time to Table: 40 minutes
Recipe : Adapted from Cooking Light
-1/2 lb penne pasta
-1/2 lb hot turkey sausage links
-1 tsp minced bottled garlic
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-1 tbl tomato paste
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
-1 can (14.5) petite-diced tomatoes, undrained
-2 tbl chopped fresh basil
- 2 oz. parmesan cheese
-2 oz. shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta, drain and set aside
2. Cook crumbled sausage (casings removed), onion, and garlic over medium heat until browned
3. Add tomato paste, tomatoes S&P and bring to boil; cover and cook for 10 minutes – stir occasionally
4. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with PAM.
5. Combine cooked pasta, sausage mixture and basil. Place half in dish, top with half mozzarella and half parmesan – repeat layers
6. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until bubbly Notes: this can be easily doubled for a bigger crowd