This dish is bursting with color and flavor! There is not a lot of spices - the vegetables provide all the flavor with a touch of S&P. I was skeptical but after one bite - I was convinced!
Prepare the vegetables
Tonight we used whole grain spaghetti
Saute the leeks first; then the other ingredients
Here is the finished dish and add cheese if you like! (We did)
Prep Time to Table: 40 minutes
Recipe : Magazine clipping
-1 Tbl olive oil
-1 lb. thin asparagus cut in 1 ¼” slices
-1 cup frozen peas
-1 pint grape tomatoes (cut in half)
-1 pkg (12 oz.) whole grain spaghetti
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan or romano cheese
1. Cook pasta according to directions (save 1 cup pasta water*)
2. Clean leeks; cut lengthwise in half then cut in ¼” slices
3. Over medium heat; heat oil and then add leeks, ¼ each salt and pepper and sauté about 9-10 minutes until tender and golden-stirring occasionally.
4. Increase heat to medium-high and add asparagus and cook about 1 minute until bright green stirring entire time.
5. Add peas and tomatoes and additional salt and pepper and sauté additional 2 minutes
6. Scoop 1 cup of pasta water* and add to skillet. Cook 5 minutes until liquid has reduced and tomatoes have softened.
7. Drain pasta; transfer to large bowl and add vegetable mixture. Toss until well combined. Serve and top with parsley and cheese.