Turtle toppings (pecans, mini chocolate chips and caramel) or Almond Joy (chopped coconut M&M's, almonds and hot fudge sauce) were our choices
Delightful - a 5 star dessert!
P.S. - you don't need to be a New Yorker to love!
New York Cheesecake Serves: 12 Calories: NA Prep Time to Table: 20 minutes prep; then baking and cooling Recipe : ?
-2 cups graham crackers
-1 stick melted butter
-1 cup sugar, divided
-2 lbs cream cheese
-2 lightly beaten eggs
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 tbls cornstarch
-1 cup sour cream
-toppings optional (strawberries, hot fudge, nuts, M&Ms, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 450
2. Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 2 Tbls sugar; blend well and press remaining mixture onto bottom and side of a greased 9” springform pan. Chill in freezer while preparing filling. 3. In mixer bowl beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth and light.
4. Beat in eggs, vanilla and cornstarch until just blended.
5. Stir in sour cream and pour into crust
6. Bake for 10 minutes then reduce temp to 200 and bake 45 minutes
7. Turn off oven and allow to cook with oven door slightly opened for 3 hours
8. Remove sides from pan; chill for several hours or overnight