Start by thawing the scallops - I bought these frozen from the Crab Deck (near WalGreens south).
Add the scallops to this mixture of melted butter, garlic, shallots and sherry:
Bake for about 10 minutes and you may want to broil a couple minutes until the crumbs brown up. Mine were not too brown but still tasted fine:
Dinner is served - we gave this one 4 stars!
Baked Sea Scallops Serves: 4 Calories: N.A. Prep Time to Table: 25 minutes
-12 large sea scallops, rinsed, drained and patted dry and sliced in half
-2 cloves minced garlic
-1 shallot chopped
-3 pinches of nutmeg
- 2 Tbl melted butter -salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ounce sherry
- 4 Tbl melted butter
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees
2. Place scallops, 2 Tbl melted butter, sherry, garlic, and shallots in bowl and toss gently.
3. Place in shallow casserole dish. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Combine 4 Tbl melted butter and crumbs in a separate bowl the pour over scallops.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until done. You may want to put under broiler for a couple minutes to brown crumbs.
Notes: You may add chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges if desired